A Fun Thing to Do: an Intro

Hello, I’m back!!
As I promised,I would like to share about something that I really love to do lately. Hehehe. I wrote that promise Here here here!!! 

Well... as an intro, I have paid so much attention to colonial buildings around me ever since I was a kid -- when I was in elementary school. It was a time where I got history lessons and made me aware that Indonesia has a long history of being colonized. The 7-year-old-me realized about one thing: there are some houses and buildings that looked 'unique' to me. So I started to question it to people around me, starting from my dad, my mom, and my budhe who works as a teacher and has a social sciences background. I got one answer: the 'unique' buildings were built hundred years ago, what differs them from 'latest' buildings is that they have Dutch architecture.

I spent my childhood in Salatiga, a city where it gained a reputation as "The most beautiful city of Central Java" during the era of Dutch colonial. There are so many colonial buildings with very well condition in Salatiga. Some of them are now turned into cafes, schools, and government buildings. Glad to see that. 

Growing up with so many colonial buildings around me have made me obsessed to them. Am I exaggerating? YES. But the truth is, I am quite curious about those old buildings and their background. So, I am gonna tell you. Every time I step into colonial buildings, I always have this kind of feeling like nostalgia. I feel like I have visited them before, and my longing to visit them are growing more stronger and stronger. Sometimes it makes me think, am I a reincarnation of someone who lived in the Dutch colonial era? Well I don't know :(  

THEN, back to the main question. What is this hobby that I want to share to you?

It is capturing the pictures of colonial buildings :) 
Yes, as 2019 passed, I realized in that year I have taken so many pictures of colonial buildings. I think I am a little confused about what to share for the first time. By the way, it is almost 12 am soo I'm going to post it tomorrow ok? I'm sorry. And bye-bye!

Comments

Popular Posts