Jogja!

Hellooo! Long time no see, ma frens. 
It's been 2 years since I posted my last post :"(
I've been busy with college and stuffs, now I'm on my final year and I'm working on my thesis. Aand suddenly I remember that I have blog! So I think, why don't I use it when I'm tired with my thesis? But what to write? :(

Maybe I'll turn this blog into a diary of my trip, or maybe some reviews of my makeup products hehe.

SOOO as a comeback after my 2 years hiatus - I would like to share my experience of my trip to Yogyakarta, or Jogja last January. Hopefully it'd be fun to read and could give you some informations.


On 3rd of January, 2019, me and my two good pals of mine, Lukita and Zeta went to Jogja together. We went there by Lukita's car. It was my longest drive, I drove like 4 hours from Semarang to Jogja. I was nervous at first, because I've never drove a car with such duration. BUT it turned out okay, hehe. 

We have planned that trip two months before. It was a long discussion to decide where to go, where to sleep, our limited budget, and how - until Lukita said that we can use her papa's car. Thank you Lukita! And in the mid December, we booked a budget room through Airy Rooms. Thanks airy, you really help the travelers with tight budget ;")


Back to the main story, around 1 pm, we arrived in the beautiful province, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta - or Jogja. Our first stop was Malioboro Street. A street where vendors sell bags, snack, batik, accessories, and many more. We walked and walked and found a museum, it is called Fort Vredeburg Museum. We decided to visit, and the ticket was super affordable, around 5-10 thousand rupiahs.


We asked a stranger to take pics of us (LtoR: me, Zeta, Lukita)



It was worth to visit. There are so many informations that you can get. Inside the museum, there are dioramas with explanations about past events in Yogyakarta. It gave me chills to think that our heroes fought for our independence by sacrificing their blood, their sweat, their tears, and even their soul to fight the Dutch and Japanese colony. It also makes me love my country even more. Thank you, our heroes. OH, and for you who loves old buildings, this museum would be cool for you.

posing at one of the old uniforms

3 pm. We went back to the car park and went straight to the inn that we booked. We checked in. Oh my, the room was beyond my expectation. With only IDR 168k, we got a room with air-con, amenities, a large bed (fit for three), tv, even some snack (Tan*o wafer, Oop* crackers, and two other snack). Thank you airy rooms!! So, we lay down on the bed, turned the tv on, chit chatted, and then showered. 

Around 6.30 pm, a relative of Zeta, mas Danu visited us. He would be the driver for the girls that night, took us wherever we want. Hahaa. That night, our first destination was Raminten, a restaurant with strong Jawa-style. Turned out Raminten was full booked. A waiter said that we had to wait for two hours to get the seat. What? NOO! So mas Danu took us to another Raminten, a branch. But the ambience was different. The first Raminten is super Jawa-style, but the second Raminten is more modern. Well, okayy :")))

LtoR: Zeta, me,Lukita. Me: awkward mode ON


After we filled our bellies, we visited Monumen Jogja Kembali (Monjali). But the monument is closed at night, so we visited their Lampion Park instead. Yess it was cool for you who loves lampion hehe. Honestly I'm not really into lampions but--


The lampion park was our last destination for that day. We went back to the inn, and said goodbye to mas Danu. Me, Luki and Zeta went to our dreams. ZzzZzzzzZ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, 4th of January 2019.

Because it was a budget room, we didn't get breakfast so we had to go search for it by ourselves U_U

We checked out early, around 8 or 9 am.

And in the car, we were chatty about what and where to eat for breakfast *isn't it every girl's problem*

Zeta checked google map and browsed instagram a bit to see what is popular, and she found Sate Klathak. Me and Lukita agreed, so we went straight to the Sate Klathak kedai with second-best reviewed on google map >_< (because the first-rated was closed) 

I doubt if I have the picture of sate klathak. I'll update this post when I found it.

SOo, sate klathak is a satay made of goat meat. It is roasted with only salt, but eaten with a special sauce made of herbs. It is delicious, but I think the meat was too tough that it hurt our teeth hehe. It wasn't a big problem, though.

After that, we went to Keraton Yogyakarta. Keraton used to be a palace for the sultan of Yogyakarta. A sultan in Yogyakarta is the same as a governor of a province. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The ticket is (please CMIIW) IDR 10k and plus 5k for bringing a camera. Honestly it gave me chills to see how beautiful, majestic, and well-preserved the Keraton. Also it amazes me how I think it is used to be a palace of sultans, and how it witnessed so many events in Yogyakarta, from time to time.

One of the gates in the Keraton



I heard that, there is an unwritten rule for not to say bad things, or not to say bad words around the Keraton. Because us who lives in Jawa know that 'such things' (magic, and 'guardian' of a place) still does exist, especially in the Keraton -- an old building where sultans of the past lived and ruled. But let's see the bright side: it is a historical place, so just say good things and think positively. Not just in the historic place, but anywhere you go <3



Inside one of the rooms


There are so many rooms. On the wall, there are paintings of the previous sultans, their names, their story, the wives of the previous sultans, and also the pictures of Keraton's building in the past.

posed in front of an antique mirror. Can I have this mirror in my room? :"(

Around 2 or 3 pm, we left the Keraton to have lunch. After that, we went back to Semarang.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Well, that's it!!

I'm sorry if it's boring, and also if there are so many grammar errors. I know that I'm bad at grammar. HUhu :((

See you on my another trip diary!!




Love,


-Ayu-

Comments

Popular Posts